Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for inviting us here
this evening. My name is Ed Hodges and I am the chairman of Fiber
For Our Future, a citizen group of residents of Batavia, Geneva,
and St. Charles who are in support of the Tri City Broadband initiative.
Simply stated, we support this initiative for seven main reasons:
1. This is a great opportunity for our three cities to build a
state-of-the-art fiber optic network to provide telephone, television
and Internet services to EVERY home and EVERY business in our community.
2. We have complete confidence in the years of research and due
diligence done by our three city’s elected officials and staff
that has resulted in their recommendation that we undertake this
3. We have read and studied the Feasibility Study that was performed
by an outside consulting company with expertise in the area of municipal
broadband utilities and we concur with their findings.
4. A municipally run fiber network will provide better services
at a lower cost than the current providers and will be more reliable
and provide better customer service.
5. We believe this utility will be self-funded from subscriber
6. This will launch our communities into the 21st century and
will allow us to become a highly desirable place to live and do
business. This much-needed boost to our local economy will be of
benefit to every citizen, whether they subscribe to any of these
services or not.
7. The fees paid for these services will STAY IN THE COMMUNITY.
We have received a number of questions from residents that I would
like to address here so we can correct a lot of the misinformation
that has been circulating about this initiative. These are the eight
questions we have received most often: CLICK
HERE to read the questions and answers.